We are a registered OGUK Clinic. Only OGUK approved clinics can issue a valid OGUK medical certificate.
OGUK Medicals are offered at GP Matters. We offer competitively priced Oil and Gas UK (OGUK) medicals - formerly known as UKOOA medicals - to both large companies and individual clients.
The OGUK Offshore Medical is valid for two years and allows you to work in the UK sector / North Sea and the Norwegian sector.
• Completion and discussion of the OGUK medical health questionnaire.
• Physical examination including height, weight and BMI.
• Urine testing (to assess how well your kidneys/ body is working).
• Vision testing (near, distance and colour).
• Audiometry testing (hearing test).
• Some Companies require an additional drug and/ or alcohol screen. Please make sure you understand what your Company requires!.
The OGUK medical will last around 30 minutes.
• Certified photo ID such passport or driving license
• To bring your glasses (and spares) / contact lenses if worn;
• To avoid exposure to loud noise for 16 hrs prior to your appointment
• To bring any medication, doctor/ hospital letters and relevant investigations results
Yes. For BOSIET and FOET personnel, a valid OGUK medical certificate and an OGUK ‘Fit to Train’ certificate is required to be issued by an OGUK examining doctor.
Please let us know at the time of booking the OGUK medical.
The OGUK certificate is valid for two years.
For medical reasons, it is possible the certificate may be issued for a shorter period of time.
Yes, as long as the doctor can deem you fit, we will provide you with the certificate at the end of your appointment to take away with you.
The Netherlands and Norway are covered by a normal OGUK medical certificate. If your certificate is restricted, this will not be accepted outside of the UK sector.
Generally, the OGUK medical is accepted as a worldwide indicator of health and fitness of anyone working in the Oil and Gas industry.
Yes. Please contact email@example.com or call +44 (0)141 7373 289 for this to be arranged.