Please contact the clinic to arrange an appointment
At GP Matters we provide flu jabs for individuals and companies across Scotland.
Our programme for this season has now started. Please contact us if you would like to reserve vaccine doses at our Centre, obtain a quotation, or make a booking.
Company Flu vaccination is our speciality. We are a leading provider of corporate Flu vaccination services and cover most parts of Scotland. Whether you have ten staff or ten thousand we'll make everything as painless and simple as possible.
Cost - £50 per vaccine
The best way to help protect yourself and others from flu is to have the flu jab every year. Over time, protection from the flu jab gradually decreases and flu strains can change, which means last year's jab may not protect you from this year's strains. There may also be an increase in flu cases this autumn due to the lack of exposure to the flu virus last winter driven by reduced social interaction.
Whilst no vaccine is 100% effective, having a flu jab will help protect you from catching flu and passing it on to others. After your jab, it usually takes around 14-21 days to be protected.
At your appointment, our doctor / nurse will inject the vaccine into your upper arm. As with all medicines, there may be some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Redness, soreness or bruising at the injection site
- A high temperature, sweating, shivering or feeling unwell
- Headaches, fatigue or dizziness
- Aching muscles or joints
- These side effects are usually mild and should disappear on their own in a day or two.
Flu vaccination is important because:
- if you're at higher risk from coronavirus, you're also more at risk of problems from flu.
- if you get flu and coronavirus at the same time, research shows you're more likely to be seriously ill
- it'll help to reduce pressure on the NHS and social care staff who may be dealing with coronavirus
- If you've had COVID-19, it's safe to have the flu vaccine. It'll be effective at helping to prevent flu.
To qualify for the NHS flu vaccination, you must meet the following criteria:
50 years of age or over
Or you must have certain medical conditions, including:
Asthma and COPD
Get more information here.
£50 per vaccine